- Numerics of Partial Differential Equations
- High Performance Computing
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Hardware-oriented Numerics
- Finite-element Multigrid Domain Decomposition Methods
- GPU Computing
- Cluster Computing and Big Machines
- Efficient Data Structures and Implementation Techniques
- Continuum Mechanics
- P. Bastian, C. Engwer, J. Fahlke, M. Geveler, D. Göddeke, O. Iliev, O. Ippisch, R. Milk, J. Mohring, S. Müthing, M. Ohlberger, D. Ribbrock, and S. Turek. “Hardware-Based Efficiency Advances in the EXA-DUNE Project”. In: Software for Exascale Computing – SPPEXA 2013–2015. Springer, 2016, pp. 3–23.
- D. Göddeke, M. Altenbernd, and D. Ribbrock. “Fault-tolerant finite-element multigrid algorithms with hierarchically compressed asynchronous checkpointing”. In: Parallel Computing 49 (2015), pp. 117–135.
- D. Göddeke, D. Komatitsch, M. Geveler, D. Ribbrock, N. Rajovic, N. Puzovic, and A. Ramirez. “Energy efficiency vs. Performance of the numerical solution of PDEs: an application study on a low-power ARM-based cluster”. In: Journal of Computational Physics 237 (2013), pp. 132–150.
- D. Göddeke and R. Strzodka. “Cyclic Reduction Tridiagonal Solvers on GPUs Applied to Mixed-Precision Multigrid”. In: IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 22.1 (2011), pp. 22–32.
- D. Komatitsch, G. Erlebacher, D. Göddeke, and D. Michéa. “High-order finite-element seismic wave propagation modeling with MPI on a large GPU cluster”. In: Journal of Computational Physics 229.20 (2010), pp. 7692–7714.
- S. Turek, D. Göddeke, C. Becker, S. H. M. Buijssen, and H. Wobker. “FEAST - Realisation of Hardware-oriented Numerics for HPC Simulations with Finite Elements”. In: Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience 22.16 (2010), pp. 2247–2265.
- D. Göddeke, H. Wobker, R. Strzodka, J. Mohd-Yusof, P. McCormick, and S. Turek. “Co-Processor Acceleration of an Unmodified Parallel Solid Mechanics Code with FEASTGPU”. In: International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering 4.4 (2009), pp. 254–269.
- S. Turek, D. Göddeke, C. Becker, S. H. Buijssen, and H. Wobker. “UCHPC - UnConventional High Performance Computing for Finite Element Simulations”. In: International Supercomputing Conference, ISC. PRACE Award. 2008.
- D. Göddeke, R. Strzodka, J. Mohd-Yusof, P. McCormick, S. H. Buijssen, M. Grajewski, and S. Turek. “Exploring weak scalability for FEM calculations on a GPU-enhanced cluster”. In: Parallel Computing 33.10–11 (2007), pp. 685–699.
- D. Göddeke, R. Strzodka, and S. Turek. “Performance and accuracy of hardware-oriented native-, emulated- and mixed-precision solvers in FEM simulations”. In: International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems 22.4 (2007), pp. 221–256.
- since 2016 Head of the Institute of Applied Analysis and Numerical Simulation
- since 2016 Fellow, Stuttgart Centre for Simulation Sciences
- since 2015 SimTech Chair for Computational Mathematics for Complex Simulations in Science and Engineering, Institute for Applied Analysis and Numerical Simulation, University of Stuttgart
- 2011–2015 Juniorprofessor for “Hardware-oriented Numerics for Large Systems” at the Chair for Applied Mathematics and Numerics, Department of Mathematics, TU Dortmund
- 2004–2011 Research assistant at the Chair for Applied Mathematics and Numerics, Department of Mathematics, TU Dortmund
- May 10, 2010 Graduation: Dr. rer. nat. (with highest honours). Dissertation title: Fast and Accurate Finite-Element Multigrid Solvers for PDE Simulations on GPU Clusters (Supervisors: S. Turek, H. Müller)
- 10/2004 – 05/2010 Doctoral studies, Department of Mathematics, TU Dortmund
- August 31, 2004 Graduation: Diploma in Computer Science (with honours). Dissertation title: Geometric Projection Methods on Surface Triangulations for Numerical Flow Simulation with Hierarchical Multigrid Methods (Supervisors: S. Turek, H. Müller)
- 10/1999 – 08/2004 Studies of Computer Science (major) and Mathematics (minor), Dortmund University, Pre-Diploma in Computer Science (9/2001) and Mathematics (4/2002)
Best lecture awards for the best entry-level (Numerical Linear Algebra) and the best intermediate level (Numerics for ODEs) lectures in 2016, awarded by the students of the Department of Mathematics, University of Stuttgart.
Rudolf Chaudoire Award, jointly awarded by TU Dortmund and the Chaudoire
Society to honour excellent junior researchers. The award includes 5.000 Euro financial support for a longer research visit abroad.
Young Researcher Best Paper Award of the Second International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, Grid and Cloud Computing for Engineering, jointly awarded with M. Geveler, D. Ribbrock, P. Zajac and S. Turek (all TU Dortmund) for our submission Efficient Finite Element Geometric Multigrid Solvers for Unstructured Grids on Graphics Processing Units (500 Euro cash prize).
Dissertation Award for the best doctoral dissertation of the Department of Mathematics, TU Dortmund.
SIAM Travel Award for the SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (stipend of 500 $).
PRACE Award of the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe, together with S. Turek, Ch. Becker, S.H.M. Buijssen and H. Wobker (all TU Dortmund) for our contribution UCHPC – UnConventional High Performance Computing for Finite Element Simulations. This award has been granted for the first time in 2008 and honours young European researchers in HPC (stipend to attend athematic conference).
Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes
- since 2014: Editorial Board “Journal of Computational Science”, Elsevier
- Invited Keynote Talks: PPAM Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (2017),
HPCSE Conference (2013), Conference on Software Frameworks for Challenging Computational
Problems (2013), International Workshop on PDE Simulation Frameworks (2012), INRIA Summer
School on Petaflop Computing (2011), IMA Workshop on HPC and Emerging Architectures (2011),
SPEEDUP Workshop on HPC (2009)
- Invited Participations: Dagstuhl Seminars on Algorithms & Scheduling for Resilience & Power in
Distributed Systems (2015), Algorithms and Scheduling for Exascale Systems (2013), Architectures
and Algorithms for Petascale Computing (2006)
- Organization of more than 15 mini-symposia and tutorials on fault tolerance, GPU Computing and
hardware-oriented numerics, including SIAM CSE 2009, PPAM 2009–2017, ECCOMAS 2010,
ENUMATH 2011, 2013, PASC 2017
- 27 Program Committees for Conferences and Workshops