- Continuum Mechanics
- (Smart) Material Modelling
- Multi-Scale Methods
- Porous Media
- X-Ray Computed Tomography
- Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics
- I. Güven, S. Frijters, J. Harting, S. Luding, and H. Steeb. “Hydraulic properties of sintered glass bead systems”. In: Granular Matter 19 (2017), p. 28.
- R. Jänicke, B. Quintal, and H. Steeb. “Numerical homogenization of mesoscopic loss in poroelastic media”. In: European Journal of Mechanics - A/Solids 49 (2015), pp. 382–395.
- F. Fusseis, H. Steeb, X. Xiao, W.-L. Zhu, I. B. Butler, S. Elphick, and U. Maeder. “A low-cost X-ray-transparent experimental cell for synchrotron-based X-ray microtomography studies under geological reservoir conditions”. In: Journal of Synchrotron Radiation 21.1 (2014), pp. 251–253.
- C. Vinci, J. Renner, and H. Steeb. “A hybrid-dimensional approach for an efficient numerical modeling of the hydro-mechanics of fractures”. In: Water Resources Research 50.2 (2014), pp. 1616–1635.
- C. Vinci, J. Renner, and H. Steeb. “On attenuation of seismic waves associated with flow in fractures”. In: Geophysical Research Letters 41.21 (2014), pp. 7515–7523.
- B. Quintal, H. Steeb, M. Frehner, S. M. Schmalholz, and E. H. Saenger. “Pore fluid effects on S-wave attenuation caused by wave-induced fluid flow”. In: Geophysics 77.3 (2012), pp. L13–L23.
- B. Quintal, H. Steeb, M. Frehner, and S. M. Schmalholz. “Quasi-static finite element modeling of seismic attenuation and dispersion due to wave-induced fluid flow in poroelastic media”. In: Journal of Geophysical Research 116.B1 (2011), B01201.
- E. H. Saenger, F. Enzmann, Y. Keehm, and H. Steeb. “Digital rock physics: Effect of fluid viscosity on effective elastic properties”. In: Journal of Applied Geophysics 74.4 (2011), pp. 236–241.
- M. Frehner, S. M. Schmalholz, E. H. Saenger, and H. Steeb. “Comparison of finite difference and finite element methods for simulating two-dimensional scattering of elastic waves”. In: Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors 171.1 (2008), pp. 112–121.
- S. Diebels and H. Steeb. “The size effect in foams and its theoretical and numerical investigation”. In: Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A 458.2028 (2002), pp. 2869–2883.
Graduation in Civil Engineering (Dipl.-Ing.), University of Stuttgart
Teaching assistant, Institute of Structural Mechanics, University of Stuttgart
Doctoral degree (Dr.-Ing.), University of Stuttgart
Researcher (SFB 404), Institute of Mechanics, University of Stuttgart
Researcher & Lecturer, Chair of Applied Mechanics, Saarland University, Saarbrücken
4/2004 - 8/2004
Post-Doc Fellow (through EU-RTN), Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Physics, NTUA Athens, Greece
Habilitation in Mechanics (Venia Legendi in Mechanics), Saarland University, Saarbrücken
Assistant Professor (now Guest Professor), Multi-Scale Mechanics, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
2009 - 9/2015
Full Professor (W3) for Continuum Mechanics at the Institute for Computational Engineering, Ruhr-University Bochum
Full Professor (W3) for Continuum Mechanics at the Institute of Applied Mechanics, University of Stuttgart
- since 2009 Guest Professor, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
- since 2019 Editorial Board "GAMM Mitteilungen - Surveys for Applied Mathematics and Mechanics"
- PI and Member of the Executive Committee DFG SFB 1313 “Interface-Driven Multi-Field Processes in Porous Media - Flow, Transport and Deformation” (since 2018)
- Editor-in-Chief for Springer book series “Advances in Geophysical and Environmental Mechanics and Mathematics” (since 2014)
- Editorial Board “Applied and Computational Mechanics” (since 2014)
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of ICAMS (Interdisciplinary Centre for Advanced Materials Simulation) (since 2014)
- Member of the Executive Board of the Research Department “Subsurface Modeling & Engineering”, Ruhr-University Bochum (2014–2015)
- Coordinator of the Integrated Graduate School of the DFG SFB 837 “Interaction Modeling in Mechanized Tunneling” (2014–2015)
- Chairman of the GAMM Activity Group “Multiscale Material Modelling” (2013–2015)
- PI and Member of the Executive Committee DFG SFB 837 “Interaction Modeling in Mechanized Tunneling” (2013–2015)
- Co-organizer: Lorentz Center Workshop “Scale Transitions in Space and Time for Materials” (2009)