- Analysis and numerics for systems of conservation laws
- Finite volume and discontinuous-Galerkin schemes
- Domain decomposition/Schwarz waveform relaxation
- Heterogenous multi-scale methods
- Numerical methods for dynamical systems
- Analysis and numerics for stochastic partial differential equations
- Integro-differential equations
Fields of applications:
- Shock waves in fluidmechanical applications
- Chemosensitive dynamics of cell populations
- Phase transitions in solid materials
- Phase transitions in liquid-vapour systems
- Magnetohydrodynamics in astrophysics and plasmaphysics
- Porous media flow
- S. Fechter, C.-D. Munz, C. Rohde, and C. Zeiler. “A sharp interface method for compressible liquid-vapor flow with phase transition and surface tension”. In: Journal of Computational Physics 336 (2017), pp. 347–374.
- S. Pop, M. Redeker, and C. Rohde. “Upscaling of a tri-phase phase-field model for precipitation in porous media”. In: IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics 81.5 (2016), pp. 898–939.
- F. Kissling and C. Rohde. “The computation of nonclassical shock waves in porous media with a Heterogeneous multiscale method: the multidimensional case”. In: SIAM Multiscale Modeling & Simulation 13.4 (2015), pp. 1507–1541.
- J. Neusser, C. Rohde, and V. Schleper. “Relaxation of the Navier-Stokes-Korteweg equations for compressible two-phase flow with phase transition”. In: International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids 79 (2015), pp. 615–639.
- C. Chalons, P. Engel, and C. Rohde. “A conservative and convergent scheme for undercompressive shock waves”. In: SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis 52.1 (2014), pp. 554–579.
- C. Chalons, F. Coquel, P. Engel, and C. Rohde. “Fast relaxation solvers for hyperbolic-elliptic phase transition problems”. In: SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 34.3 (2012), A1753–A1776.
- V. Jovanovic and C. Rohde. “Error estimates for finite volume approximations of classical solutions for nonlinear systems of hyperbolic balance laws”. In: SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis 43.6 (2006), pp. 2423–2449.
- M. Gander and C. Rohde. “Overlapping Schwarz waveform relaxation for convection-dominated nonlinear conservation laws”. In: SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 27.2 (2005), pp. 415–439.
- C. Rohde. “Scalar conservation laws with mixed local and nonlocal diffusion-dispersion terms”. In: SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis 37.1 (2005), pp. 103–129.
- P. G. LeFloch, J. M. Mercier, and C. Rohde. “Fully discrete, entropy conservative schemes of arbitrary order”. In: SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis 40.5 (2002), pp. 1968–1992.
- since 2016 Dean of the Faculty for Mathematics and Physics, University of Stuttgart
- 2006–2011 Dean of Studies of the Department of Mathematics, University of Stuttgart
- since 2006 Full Professor (W3), Institute for Applied Analysis and Numerical Simulation, University of Stuttgart
- 2004–2006 Professor (C3) for Mathematics, University of Bielefeld
- 2000–2004 Assistant (C1), University of Freiburg
- 2003 Replacement of a professorship at the University of Zürich, Switzerland
- 2001 Postdoctoral researcher, McGill University Montréal, Canada
- 1993–2000 Scientific employee, University of Freiburg1999 EU-TMR Postdoc, ENS Lyon, France
- 1998 EU-TMR Postdoc, Ecole Polytechnique Palaiseau, France
Academic Studies and Degrees
- 2004 Habilitation, Faculty for Mathematics and Physics, University of Freiburg
- 1996 Dr.rer.nat., Faculty for Mathematics and Physics, University of Freiburg
- 1993 Diploma in Mathematics, University of Hanover
- 1987–1993 Study of Mathematics, University of Hanover
- 2009 Invited scientist of the Norwegian Academy of Sciences
- 2005 Offer of a professorship (W3) at the University of Regensburg (declined)
- 2005 Offer of a professorship (W2) at the University of Bielefeld (declined)
- 1996 Award of the Scientific Society in Freiburg for the PhD thesis
- Vice-Spokesperson of DFG SFB 1313 “Interface-Driven Multi-Field Processes in Porous Media – Flow, Transport and Deformation” (since 2018)
- Editorial Board “Networks and Heterogeneous Media” (since 2017)
- Associate Editor “Applied Mathematics and Computation” (since 2016)
- Oberwolfach Conferences Chair 2013/2016/2017/2019
- Scientific Director of the University Graduate School GRADUS, University of Stuttgart (2012–2017)
- Elected member of the Senate of the University of Stuttgart (2011–2015)
- PI and Member of the Directorate EXC 310 “Simulation Technology” (since 2010)
- Vice-Spokesperson DFG IRTG 1398 “Non-Linearities and upscaling in porous media” (NUPUS) (2010–2015)