- Dynamic modeling of intracellular regulation processes
- Statistical sampling-based approaches for parameter estimation and uncertainty quantification
- Analysis methods for intracellular regulation networks based on their network topology
- A. Jensch, C. Thomaseth, and N. Radde. “Sampling-based Bayesian approaches reveal the importance of quasi-bistable behavior in cellular decision processes on the example of the MAPK signaling pathway”. In: BMC Systems Biology 11.11 (2017).
- E. Geissen, J. Hasenauer, S. Heinrich, S. Hauf, F. J. Theis, and N. Radde. “MEMO – multi-experiment mixture model analysis of censored data”. In: Bioinformatics 32.16 (2016), pp. 2464–2472.
- P. Weber, M. Hornjik, M. A. Olayioye, A. Hausser, and N. Radde. “A computational model of PKD and CERT interactions at the trans-Golgi network of mammalian cells”. In: BMC Systems Biology 9.9 (2015).
- A. Kramer, B. Calderhead, and N. Radde. “Hamiltonian Monte Carlo Methods for Efficient Parameter Estimation in Steady State Dynamical Systems”. In: BMC Bioinformatics 15.253 (2014).
- A. Kramer, V. Stathopoulos, M. Girolami, and N. Radde. “MCMC_CLIB: An advanced MCMC sampling package for ODE models”. In: Bioinformatics 30.20 (2014), pp. 2991–2992.
- S. Heinrich, E. Geissen, J. Kamenz, S. Trautmann, C. Widmer, P. Drewe, M. Knop, N. Radde, J. Hasenauer, and S. Hauf. “Determinants of robustness in spindle assembly checkpoint signalling”. In: Nature Cell Biology 15.11 (2013), pp. 1328–1339.
- C. Thomaseth, P. Weber, T. Hamm, K. Kashima, and N. Radde. “Modeling sphingomyelin synthase 1 driven conversion of ceramide to sphingomyelin at the Golgi apparatus can be explained by a positive feedback mechanism”. In: Journal of Theoretical Biology 337 (2013), pp. 174–180.
- N. Radde. “Analyzing fixed points of intracellular regulation networks with interrelated feedback topology”. In: BMC Systems Biology 6.57 (2012).
- P. Weber, C. Dingler, A. Kramer, and N. Radde. “Trajectory-oriented Bayesian experiment design versus Fisher A-optimal design: an in depth comparison study”. In: Bioinformatics 28.18 (2012), pp. i535–i541.
- N. Radde. “Fixed point characterization of biological networks with complex graph topology”. In: Bioinformatics 26.22 (2010), pp. 2874–2880.
- since 2017 Equal Opportunity Commissioner of the University of Stuttgart
- since 2015 Professor for Systems Theory in Systems Biology, Institute for Systems Theory and Automatic Control and Stuttgart Centre for Simulation Science, University of Stuttgart
- 2011, 2013 Parental leaves
- 2008–2014 SimTech Junior Professor for Systems Theory in Systems Biology, Institute for Systems Theory and Automatic Control, University of Stuttgart
- 2007–2008 Postdoctoral researcher at the Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Epidemiology, University of Leipzig
- 2003–2007 Scientific assistant at the Center for Applied Computer Science, University of Cologne
Academic Studies and Degrees
- 2007 Dr.rer.nat., Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Cologne
- 2002 “Erstes Staatsexamen” for high school teaching (“Gymnasium”) in the subjects Physics and Mathematics, TU Darmstadt
- 2002 Diploma in Physics, TU Darmstadt
- 1998–2002 Study of Physics, TU Darmstadt
- 1996–2002 Study of Physics and Mathematics on teaching profession, TU Darmstadt
- 2012 Invited participation at the Dagstuhl Seminar “Symbolic Methods for Chemical Reaction Networks”, Nov 11–16 2012, Schloss Dagstuhl, Wadern
- 2012 Scholarship of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation for participation at the “3. Brazilian-German Frontiers of Science and Technology Symposium”, Brasilia, Brasilien, Nov 8–11 2012.
- 2009 Best Paper Award, 9th International Conference on Computing Anticipatory Systems (Casys09), Liege, Belgium, August 2009.
- 2005 DAAD Scholarship for a 2 month research stay at the “Bioscience Division”, Los Alamos National Laboratories, Los Alamos, NM, USA, 9/2005–10/2005.
- Member of the reviewer panel of the funding initative “Life? – A fresh scientific approach to the basic principles of life”, Volkswagen foundation (2016)
- Member of the working committee “Lehre” of the expert commission Ingenieurwissenschaften @BW2025 of the BW Ministry of Science, Research and Arts (2015)
- Chair and local organization of the Physics School “The Physics behind Systems Biology”, Jacobs University Bremen, Wilhelm und Else Heraeus Foundation (2015)
- Jury member “Add-On Fellowship for Interdisc. Science”, Joachim-Herz-Foundation (since 2015)
- Jury member “Deutschlandstipendium”, Fed. Ministry of Education and Research (2014–2016)
- Member of the working committee “Qualitätssicherungskonzepte für den echten Tenure Track” of the BW Ministry of Science, Research and Arts (2014)
- PI and member of the Advisory Board EXC 310 “Simulation Technology” (since 2012)
- Chair and local organization of the GmdS/IBS workshop on “Statistical and dynamical models in biology and medicine”, University of Stuttgart (2012)
- Member of the GmdS/IBS working group “Statistical methods in Bioinformatics” (since 2010)
- 2010–2013: Member of the managing committee of the working group
- since 2009: Member of the Board of Directors of the Stuttgart Research Center Systems Biology (SRCSB), formerly Center Systems Biology (CSB)