- Environmental engineering
- Subsurface flow
- Carbon dioxide storage
- Flow in porous media
- Uncertainties quantification
- Stochastic simulation
- Oladyshkin S. and Nowak W. Incomplete statistical information limits the utility of high-order polynomial chaos expansions. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 169. pp. 137-148, 2018.
- Namhata , Oladyshkin S., Dilmore R. M., Zhang L., Nakles D.V. Probabilistic Assessment of Above Zone Pressure Predictions at a Geologic Carbon Storage Site. Scientific Reports, Nature, V.6, P. 39536, 2016.
- Agada S. S., Geiger S., El Sheikh A. H., Oladyshkin S. Data-driven surrogates for rapid simulation and optimisation of WAG injection in fractured carbonate reservoirs. Petroleum Geoscience,
- Oladyshkin S., Schröder P., Class H., Nowak W., Chaos expansion based Bootstrap filter to calibrate CO2 injection models. Energy Procedia, Elsevier, 40, P. 398-407, 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.egypro.2013.08.046.
- Oladyshkin S., Class H., Nowak W., Bayesian updating via Bootstrap filtering combined with data-driven polynomial chaos expansions: methodology and application to history matching for carbon dioxide storage in geological formations. Computational Geosciences, Springer, V.17, N. 4, P. 671-687,
- Ashraf M., Oladyshkin S., Nowak W., Geological storage of CO2: global sensitivity analysis and risk assessment using arbitrary polynomial chaos expansion. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, Elsevier, V. 19, P. 704-719, 2013.
- Oladyshkin S. and Nowak W. Data-driven uncertainty quantification using the arbitrary polynomial chaos expansion. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Elsevier, V. 106, P. 179–190, 2012.
- Oladyshkin S., de Barros F. P. J. and Nowak W. Global sensitivity analysis: a flexible and efficient framework with an example from stochastic hydrogeology. Advances in Water Resources, Elsevier, V. 37. P. 10-22, 2012.
- Oladyshkin S., Class H., Helmig R. and Nowak W. A concept for data-driven uncertainty quantification and its application to carbon dioxide storage in geological formations. Advances in Water Resources, Elsevier, 34, P. 1508–1518, 2011.
- Oladyshkin S., Class H., Helmig R. and Nowak W. An integrative approach to robust design and probabilistic risk assessment for CO2 storage in geological formations. Computational Geosciences, Springer, V.15, N. 3, P. 565-577, 2011.
Academic Studies and Degrees
2014: Habilitation in Environmental Systems Modelling, University of Stuttgart, Germany
2006: Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering, University of Lorraine, France
2002: Diploma in Applied Mathematics, N.Novgorod State Technical University, Russia
Since 2014: Deputy Head of Department of Stochastic Simulation and Safety Research for Hydrosystems, University of Stuttgart, Germany
2009-2014: Senior research scientist at the Institute for Modelling Hydraulic and Environmental Systems, University of Stuttgart, Germany
2007-2008: Research Scientist, Nancy School of Geology, University of Lorraine, France
2003-2006: Research Associate, Environmental Laboratory of Geomechanics and Works, University of Lorraine, France
2002-2003: Research Engineer, Department of Applied Mathematics, N. Novgorod State Technical University, Russia
2014: Outstanding contribution in Reviewing for Advances in Water Resources
2002: Diploma with distinction
2011: TEMPUS-TACIS JEP 10460-98 scholarship to stay at ISITV Toulon, France
Since 2018: Principal investigator in the DFG Collaborative Research Centre 1313 “Interface-Driven Multi-Field Processes in Porous Media - Flow, Transport and Deformation”
Since 2016: Member of the Stuttgart Centre for Simulation Sciences
2009-2016: Member of the Stuttgart Research Centre for Simulation Technology
Scientific reviewer for various international journals including Advances in Water Resources, Water Resources Research, Computational Geosciences , Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, Environmental Earth Sciences, Transport in Porous Media, Journal of Hydrology, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Applied Mathematical Modelling , Applied Soft Computing