SimTech Workshop on Current Trends in Computational Fluid Mechanics
22-24 August 2011
CIRM (Marseille, France)
In the framework of the Cemracs '11 summer meeting on "Multiscale Coupling of Complex Models" the Cluster of Excellence SimTech organizes the above workshop. The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers from mathematics, engineering and computer science working in the field of computational fluid mechanics.
The main focus lies on the following topics:
- Multiscale- and Multifield Modelling
- Quantification of Uncertainty
- High Performance Computing
A preliminary programme is available here.
- Remi Abgrall (Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux, INRIA) - S simple method for uncertainty quantification in fluids and other non linear problems | High order methods for Navier Stokes
- Sébastien Boyaval (Université Paris Est, EDF) - A reduced-basis approach to stochastic computations in multiscale problems
- Bruno Després (Université Paris 6) - Uncertainty propagation in hyperbolic systems of conservation laws
- Michael Dumbser (University of Trento) - High Order Unstructured Finite Volume Schemes for the Simulation of Complex Free Surface Flows
- Gregor Gassner (Universität Stuttgart) - On the computational efficiency of spectral element approximations for conservation laws
- Volker Gravemeier (TU München) - Variational multiscale methods for turbulent flow and coupled flow problems
- Robert Klöfkorn (Universität Freiburg) - Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Compressible Flow
- Prof. Dr. Manuel Torrilhon (RWTH Aachen) - Rarefied Gas Flows with Extended Fluid Dynamics
- Claus-Dieter Munz
- Christian Rohde
- Bernard Haasdonk
- Jan Giesselmann
- Felix Jaegle
To register for the event, please write an e-mail with your contact details to Jan.Giesselmann@mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de.
Participants of the CEMRACS research session are free to attend the workshop and do not have to register seperately.
Accomodation is available on site. Details for booking will follow soon.
Mar 27, 2017
Aug 30, 2016
Get all news Subscribe this feed